Eternal Homes of Cedar Hill
Free for Members – Registration Required
Date: June 19th, 2021 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Over a dozen private mausoleums grace the grounds of Cedar Hill Cemetery.
A mausoleum is a building with the sole purpose of housing someone’s remains. In the U. S., private mausoleums became popular in the late 19th century. Rural cemeteries, such as Cedar Hill, provided the space needed and appropriate setting for these magnificent structures.
Learn about the architecture and owners of some of Cedar Hill’s grand mausoleums on this walking tour of the cemetery.
Cedar Hill Cemetery Foundation Director Beverly Lucas will lead the tour.
Social Distancing Guidelines
To maintain the safety of guests, volunteers, and staff the following guidelines are in effect:
- Reservations must be made in advance
- Tours are limited to 20 people
- Participants must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- Restrooms are closed to visitors
- Guests acknowledge that Cedar Hill Cemetery Foundation reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.